Monday, January 18, 2010

1/18-1/24

Well, not much on the new front...
School starts next week, time will tell if I will have time to keep updating weekly,
I'm also late by a day
SUE ME

I finally got Power Grid: Factory Manger, well a least since last week.
I like it, and so does some of Cornell's Games Club...enough that someone else might buy it.
I'm not going to bother to link to it directly, but If you want to know more about it, you can go to boardgamegeek.com and search it up.


But, I'll get get back to THIS WEEK IN ZACH

Music:
Those who are not familer with YTMND.com
It is a website that hosts websites that consist of only these elements
A. Looping Audio
B. A Looping Gif or Picture
C. Superimposed Text
Each of these song are used in some YTMND on the website, and I've been listening to the full songs

Movies:
Moon
I went into this thinking
"OK, so its some director trying to make 2010: A Space Odyssey"
Well, I was wrong, and this movie was great, surreal and I recommend it

Games:
Grayscale
Knightfall
Canabalt

Grayscale is a unique puzzle that combines a maze-logic, gear-logic and, to some degree, pattern recognition. You really have to try this to understand it.

Knightfall is a logic game that involves turning a board around, removing tiles from a that board in a "click a group of 3 or more" way, and trying to get from A to B.

Canabalt is, well, running and jumping. The character in the game is always running and the only control is to make him jump. This is better than I can describe it, plus if you don't like it, you only wasted 2 minutes, not bad right?

Books:
Nothing New

See ya next week, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment